From youth sports teams to high school-level sports clubs, from collegiate leagues to multibillion dollar professional franchises, the lifeblood of any successful sports team is fan support.
The best sports fans stand by their teams through thick and thin, through winning and losing seasons, through sunshine, freezing rain, and anything in between. True fans show up wearing team colors every game day, and sometimes that means painting faces or other body parts.
That means sports teams have to realize that they should never underestimate their fans; it’s always a good idea to acknowledge and honor them whenever possible. Hold a fan appreciation day during the season. Give them shoutouts on social media. Let them run the bases, shoot a half-court shot, or kick a field goal before or after a game.
Even better, think of different sports fundraising ideas that will create a reciprocal benefit for your team and your fanbase: show your fans the same level of devotion while allowing them to support your organization financially. It’s a win-win situation! After all, people hold fundraising events for schools, churches, community centers, and social clubs, so why not sports teams?
There are countless ways you can hold an event to meet fundraising goals while stirring up support among your fanbase. We’ve all attended golf tournaments, potlucks, obstacle courses, walkathons, raffles, car washes, and so on. But one way of raising money that has steadily gained popularity among the sports community is brick fundraising, in which those who donate can have their names and a custom message laser-etched onto the face of a brick; this brick can later be displayed prominently in a communal location, such as a sidewalk or on the side of a new recreation center.
The result? You raise money for yourself and your team members, while your fans and community members have their loyalty memorialized forever.
- Youth Sports Fundraising Ideas That Are Sure to Be a Home Run
- We Put the Fun in Fundraiser with These Fundraising Event Ideas
- 21 Easy and Successful Fundraising Campaign Ideas for Nonprofits
- Online Donation and Fundraising Platforms for Nonprofit Organizations
Why Use Bricks for Sports Team Fundraising?
We have seen firsthand how brick fundraising provides a great opportunity to raise funds for sports programs and their local communities. But if you need more detailed reasons for using bricks to raise money for your favorite sports team, keep reading.
Engraved bricks and pavers can be easily incorporated into the gameday experience
No matter the architecture, design, or size of your team’s stadium or playing field, bricks can enhance the fan experience. Many teams at all levels—from amateur local sports to professional national leagues—have begun to raise money by holding fundraisers that allow fans and even well-known former players to etch their names into bricks. These bricks then come together to create walkways and walls for stadiums, fields, and arenas.
You can use our brick installation layout guide for inspiration and see how others have successfully executed their campaigns.
Engraved bricks encourage high rates of fan participation
Because of all the ways that fundraiser bricks can be personalized, donors of all ages can relate to them. You can offer design options that encourage former players, season ticket holders, and even family members to sponsor bricks. Bricks for your sports fundraiser also appeal greatly to local businesses, like local restaurants, which will likely jump at the chance to donate to your team in exchange for what becomes highly visible advertising with no expiration date. It’s a fun new way to attract sponsorships from within your community!
Download our fundraising presentation to launch an effective fundraising campaign.
Engraved bricks make the progress of a team fundraiser measurable
Using bricks in a fundraiser allows you to build something tangible. This tangibility in turn allows you to see in-person progress in real time. Our phrase “brick by brick” becomes more than just a motto; you’ll be able to see the exact difference each donation makes in accomplishing your fundraising goals. Brick by brick, you will see just how far your fundraising efforts have taken you.
Engraved bricks last a lifetime (just like your fandom)
A major upgrade from outdated engraving methods, such as sandblasting and pantographing, our fundraising bricks are etched using laser technology, which creates permanent markings on the face of the brick. Older techniques produce only superficial markings that erode over time.
Find out more about the science behind engraved bricks for your next sports-related team fundraising event.
Examples of How You Can Use Bricks to Raise Money for Your Team
- Purchase new jerseys, warm-up t-shirts, and water bottles for your volleyball team with the funds that were raised by bricks—and use those bricks to build a new walkway into the gymnasium.
- Hit a home run and supply your baseball team with new gloves, bats, and balls by building a memorial wall consisting of bricks featuring the names of devoted fans.
- Cover the travel expenses of your cheerleading troupe’s trip to a national competition with the revenue generated by bricks, and use those same bricks to construct a new entrance way to your campus.
- Raise funds to buy members of your softball team new cleats, using bricks that will be donated to build a new concession stand outside the stadium.
- Afford a more breathable get-up for your team mascot by building a new paver patio outside of your high school using donated bricks.
So, just how do you ensure that your engraved brick fundraiser will score winning points with donors?
Just as teams rely on high-performing players who commit fully to each game, your fundraising committee should draft a winning company that commits fully to every project. At Fundraising Brick, we’re proud to be in the winner’s circle—and we have the stats to back it up! See what our wonderful superfans have to say about Fundraising Brick’s performance.
Why Choose Fundraising Brick for Team Fundraising Needs?
We think you’ll agree that we really hit it out of the park.
Here’s what we offer you:
- Large number of size options and layout patterns that would work perfectly with individual inscriptions and company advertising.
- Ability to apply just about any design, font, clipart, and logo on bricks and tiles to create customized artifacts.
- Create highly public symbols that sports fans, their families, and their friends can take pride in every time they attend a game.
- In-house experts that give you the knowledge you need to get out there and fundraise.
- Championship materials that ensure your brick stands the test of time.
At Fundraising Brick, we give your donors, sports teams, and fundraising committee every reason to cheer. We don’t play in the amateur leagues; we aim for excellence and achieve it thanks to our years of expertise and our advanced laser technology.
Start racking up points—and donations—for an all-star brick fundraiser. With Fundraising Brick, success is assured. Give us a call at 1-855-BRICKS4U. Our fundraising experts can outline some winning strategies that will inspire super fans to become super donors.
Check out all our great fundraising packets, tips, ideas, and other fundraiser resources. From marketing assistance to ordering and reordering support, we go the whole nine yards.
Download Our Free Fundraising Packet!
From start to finish, we are here to help you ensure your organization’s fundraising is successful. This packet contains the most critical information you will need at every stage of your donation campaign.